Make your own olive and parmesan bread for the perfect starter to any meal.
The ingredient of Olive and parmesan bread
- 2 x 7g sachets dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup pitted black Spanish olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Butter, to serve
The instruction how to make Olive and parmesan bread
- Combine yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Add milk, oil and 1 cup warm water. Add salt and half the flour. Whisk to form a thick, smooth paste. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining flour. Stir to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease a baking tray. Using your fist, punch dough down. Add olives, parmesan and basil. Knead on a floured surface to combine. Shape dough into a 20cm x 10cm oval. Place on prepared tray. Set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Cut a shallow criss-cross pattern on top of dough. Dust with flour. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped on top. Serve with butter.
Nutritions of Olive and parmesan breadcalories: 304.486 calories
calories: 10.3 grams fat
calories: 4.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.8 grams protein
calories: 20 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 405 milligrams sodium