Give your dads breakfast a Mexican twist with these soft tacos filled with vine-ripened tomatoes and creamy scrambled eggs.
The ingredient of Soft breakfast tacos
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 white-flour tortillas
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure (thin) cream
The instruction how to make Soft breakfast tacos
- For the salsa, combine tomato, chilli, half the coriander and 2 teaspoons of oil. Add Tabasco if desired, and season to taste.
- Wrap the stacked tortillas in paper towel, place on a plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Turn stack and heat for a further 30 seconds. Or heat in the oven according to packet directions.
- Lightly whisk the eggs with the cream and remaining coriander. Season. Heat remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, pour in eggs and, using a wooden spoon, fold for 2 minutes until scrambled and almost set. Remove from the heat. Working with one tortilla at a time (keep the rest covered as you work), spoon some egg down the centre, top with salsa and fold over the sides to enclose. Secure with a paper napkin if desired, and serve with any remaining salsa on the side.
Nutritions of Soft breakfast tacoscalories: 325.279 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 450 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 261.74 milligrams sodium