Turn a French toast breakfast into a gourmet classic with cinnamon spice and banana.
The ingredient of Banana and cinnamon French toast
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 x 2.5cm-thick slices day-old brioche (see note)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, sliced lengthways
- Pure maple syrup, to serve
The instruction how to make Banana and cinnamon French toast
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, icing sugar and cinnamon in a large jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined. Pour mixture into a shallow ceramic dish.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Dip 2 brioche slices in milk mixture for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side or until well soaked. Hold over dish to drain. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until bubbling. Add soaked brioche. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining butter and brioche.
- Place French toast on plates. Top with banana. Drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.
Nutritions of Banana and cinnamon French toastcalories: 506.441 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 245 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 434.85 milligrams sodium