Serve up a hearty breakfast frittata for a great start to your day.
The ingredient of Chorizo and potato frittata with avocado and jalapeno chilli salsa
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 4 small Pontiac potatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1 ripe avocado, stone removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped drained jalapeno chilli
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
The instruction how to make Chorizo and potato frittata with avocado and jalapeno chilli salsa
- Heat half the oil in a medium (20cm base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion softens and begins to colour. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add chorizo to pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Add one-quarter of the potato and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden and just tender. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining potato.
- Preheat grill on medium. Add remaining oil to the pan. Arrange potato, onion and chorizo in layers in the pan. Whisk eggs and cream together in a jug and season with salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and use a spatula to gently press. Reduce the heat on the stove to low and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the base is golden and set.
- Remove from heat and place under preheated grill. Cook for 5 minutes or until frittata is golden and cooked through watching the frittata carefully to ensure the top does not burn. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa, combine avocado, tomato, chilli, lime juice and coriander in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn frittata out onto a clean work surface. Cut into wedges and serve with avocado salsa.
Nutritions of Chorizo and potato frittata with avocado and jalapeno chilli salsacalories: 690.71 calories
calories: 53.2 grams fat
calories: 19.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 28.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.1 grams sugar
calories: 27.3 grams protein
calories: 415 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 766 milligrams sodium