Turn your taste-buds upside down with this delicious tamarillo tarte tatin.
The ingredient of Tamarillo tarte tatin with honey yoghurt
- 8 (about 700g) tamarillos
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 200g (11/3 cups) plain flour
- 150g chilled butter, cubed
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Plain flour, to dust
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
The instruction how to make Tamarillo tarte tatin with honey yoghurt
- To make pastry, place the flour, butter, almond meal and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water, and process until mixture just comes together. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Use a knife to make a shallow cross in base of each tamarillo. Place tamarillos in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2-3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the tamarillos to a bowl of iced water. Set aside for 1 minute. Carefully peel off the skin. Cut crossways into 5mm-thick slices.
- Melt butter in a 20cm-diameter (base measurement) heavy-based cast-iron frying pan with ovenproof handle over medium heat until foaming. Sprinkle with sugar. Arrange tamarillo over base of frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Use a floured rolling pin to roll out the pastry into a 1cm-thick disc. Place pastry over tamarillos in the pan, allowing it to overhang the sides. Press pastry into the edge of the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- To make the yoghurt, place yoghurt in a serving bowl and drizzle with honey.
- Turn tarte tatin onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with the honey yoghurt.
Nutritions of Tamarillo tarte tatin with honey yoghurtcalories: