Get the weekend off on the right foot with this yummy breakfast!
The ingredient of Breakfast corn cakes with maple syrup
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 sweet corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 cup (150g) self raising flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- 4 slices middle bacon, rind trimmed
- Pure maple syrup, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Breakfast corn cakes with maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the tomato halves cut side up on a greased baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and spray with oil. Roast until soft and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn kernels and flour in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together the egg yolks and milk. Add to the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork until just combined. Whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold through the pancake mixture until well combined.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Heat over a medium heat. Place a 1/4 cup of the mixture in the frying pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 corn cakes.
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill until crisp and golden. Divide the pancakes among serving plates and drizzle with the maple syrup. Serve with the tomato and bacon.
Nutritions of Breakfast corn cakes with maple syrupcalories: 387.897 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 144 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 944.94 milligrams sodium