For something different serve your guests sautéed mushrooms with baby spinach and basil by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Sauteed mushrooms with baby spinach and basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 450g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 450g portobello mushrooms, dark gills scraped clean, caps cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 120g (about 4 cups) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely torn
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
The instruction how to make Sauteed mushrooms with baby spinach and basil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with high sides over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, saute stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and have shed most of their liquid. (The mushrooms will fill the entire pan but will shrink considerably as they cook.)
- Add the spinach and basil and toss until the spinach and basil slightly wilt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a large serving platter.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the mushrooms and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Sauteed mushrooms with baby spinach and basilcalories: 90.82 calories
calories: 6.4 grams fat
calories: 1.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 5.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2.4 grams sugar
calories: 5.4 grams protein
calories: 3 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 53 milligrams sodium