You (and everyone else) will find it hard to bypass this irresistibly delicious upside-down plum, pistachio and cardamom cake that will be your new go-to recipe when guests pop over for afternoon tea!
The ingredient of Upside-down plum, pistachio and cardamom cake recipe
- 2/3 cup (120g) pistachios
- 3 firm plums, stoned, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (140g) vanilla yoghurt
The instruction how to make Upside-down plum, pistachio and cardamom cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) springform cake pan and line the base and side with baking paper.
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and process until the pistachios are very finely chopped.
- Arrange the plum evenly over the base of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, caster sugar, orange rind, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the combined flour and finely chopped pistachio. Add the yoghurt and stir until combined. Spoon the mixture over the plum in the pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool completely. Turn the cake onto a serving plate and cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Upside-down plum, pistachio and cardamom cake recipecalories: 277.001 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams sodium