For breakfast, snack-time or when you are on the go - muffins are the perfect everyday treat!
The ingredient of Caramelised onion muffins
- 30g butter
- 3 small brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 90g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
The instruction how to make Caramelised onion muffins
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until onion caramelises. Add thyme. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly grease a 12-hole, 1/3-cup capacity non-stick muffin pan.
- Make basic muffin mix: Sift flour into a large bowl. Add salt and onion mix. Make a well in the centre. Combine milk, egg and butter in a jug. Pour milk mixture into the well. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined (dont over-mix).
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes until three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 1 minute. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutritions of Caramelised onion muffinscalories: