Dont want to stress you out or anything but Christmas is now just four weeks away - get ahead by making these mince pies now and putting them in the freezer.
The ingredient of Fruit mince pies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, coarsely grated
- 85g raisins, coarsely chopped
- 85g currants
- 85g sultanas
- 60g glace cherries, coarsely chopped
- 115g (1/3 cup) breakfast marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 600g (4 cups) plain flour
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 300g chilled butter, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- White sugar, to sprinkle
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Fruit mince pies
- Combine the brown sugar, brandy, apple, raisins, currants, sultanas, cherries, marmalade and mixed spice in a bowl. Set aside, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 days to macerate.
- Place the flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and water, and process until the dough just comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a round 6.5cm-diameter pastry cutter to cut 40 discs from the pastry. Line forty 30ml (1 1/2-tablespoon) capacity patty pans with the discs. Use a fork to prick the bases.
- Re-roll leftover pastry between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a round 5cm-diameter pastry cutter to cut 40 discs from the pastry. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of fruit mixture into each pastry case. Top with pastry discs. Press edges to seal. Sprinkle with white sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the pies with icing sugar to serve.
Nutritions of Fruit mince piescalories: