Try these croissants layered with cream cheese and apricot compote for a more decadent breakfast.
The ingredient of Croissants with apricot compote
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 400g apricots (peaches or plums), stoned and quartered
- 125g Philadelphia Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind, extra
- 4 croissants, warmed and split
The instruction how to make Croissants with apricot compote
- Combine sugar, water, cinnamon and lemon rind in a saucepan and cook, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add apricots to syrup and poach for 10-12 minutes or until just soft. Lift apricots from the pan and boil syrup until reduced by half, then pour over apricots and cool.
- Beat the Philadelphia with icing sugar and extra lemon rind until smooth. Spread over croissants and place on serving plates, spoon over the apricots and a little syrup. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Croissants with apricot compotecalories: