This is a chic black version of the classic French toasted sandwich.
The ingredient of Black croque monsieur
- 100g bocconcini, drained, thinly sliced
- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread, halved lengthways (see Notes)
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto or good-quality ham
The instruction how to make Black croque monsieur
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Arrange the sliced bocconcini in a single layer on top of half the pumpernickel or rye bread slices.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then top each piece of bread with a slice of prosciutto or ham. Sandwich with the remaining slices of bread and press down gently.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking tray and place under the grill. Grill for 3 minutes on each side until the bread is lightly toasted and the bocconcini is just beginning to soften and ooze out the sides.
- While the sandwiches are toasting, cut 4 strips of baking paper. Wrap one end of each toasted sandwich in a strip of baking paper. Arrange sandwiches on a plate and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Black croque monsieurcalories: 206.735 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 21 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 571.85 milligrams sodium