A great tasting cake like this never goes out of fashion.
The ingredient of Lemon and almond cake
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g packet ground almonds (almond meal)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- Lemon syrup
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
The instruction how to make Lemon and almond cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 5cm deep, 18cm square (base) cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang.
- Combine flour, ground almonds and sugar in a large bowl. Beat eggs, oil, lemon rind and 1/2 cup lemon juice in a jug. Add to flour mixture and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into pan. Arrange blanched almonds on top. Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Make lemon syrup Combine sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- While cake is still warm in pan, pierce top between almonds using a bamboo skewer. Drizzle with lemon syrup. Allow cake to cool completely in pan. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritions of Lemon and almond cakecalories: 489.233 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 81 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 214.58 milligrams sodium