Chocolate hazelnut spread and crispy almond flakes transform these soft doughy loaves into mouth-watering afternoon treats.
The ingredient of Mini chocolate and almond loaves
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups Lighthouse bread and pizza plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125g dark chocolate, cut into 16 squares
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- icing sugar mixture, to serve
The instruction how to make Mini chocolate and almond loaves
- Grease an 8-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity mini loaf pan. Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well. Add salt, yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 8 even pieces. Roll 1 piece of dough out to form a 10cm circle. Place 2 squares of chocolate in centre of dough. Fold ends in and roll up firmly to enclose filling. Place in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough and chocolate.
- Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread on top of each loaf. Top with almonds, pressing lightly into spread and dough to secure. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bread is golden and sounds hollow when tapped. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Mini chocolate and almond loavescalories: 331.493 calories
calories: 9.7 grams fat
calories: 3.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 52.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.3 grams protein
calories: 256 milligrams sodium