A no-fuss dessert for your next dinner party! Spiked with strawberry and pistachio, and made extra creamy with custard.
The ingredient of Frozen custard cake
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 1/2 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 1 1/2 cups Pauls vanilla custard
- 50g sachet coconut milk powder
- 80g packet pistachio kernels, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Extra chopped pistachios, to serve
The instruction how to make Frozen custard cake
- Place strawberries, sugar and 2 teaspoons water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until mixture is pulpy and strawberries have broken down. Set aside to cool completely.
- Grease a 6-cup-capacity, 9cm-deep, 11.5cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above all edges of pan.
- Place ice-cream in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften (ice-cream should not be melted). Add custard and milk powder. Mix well to combine. Fold in pistachios and raspberries. Spoon 1/3 of the custard mixture into prepared pan. Top with 1/2 of the strawberry mixture. Repeat layering, finishing with custard mixture. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Remove cake from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove plastic wrap. Turn onto a serving plate. Serve topped with berries, dusted with icing sugar and sprinkled with extra pistachios.
Nutritions of Frozen custard cakecalories: