Turn your favourite sushi roll into a tasty rice bowl with this Japanese-inspired crispy chicken dish.
The ingredient of Japanese crispy chicken bowl
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) medium-grain rice
- Vegetable oil, to shallow fry
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Schnitzel
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 4 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, fried
- 1/4 cup (70g) drained pickled ginger
- 1 carrot, cut into long matchsticks
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled, sliced
- 1 nori sheet, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
The instruction how to make Japanese crispy chicken bowl
- Place the rice and 2 1/4 cups (560ml) water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over a low heat for 12 mins. Remove from heat. Allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the chicken for 3 mins each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Thickly slice.
- Cook the snow peas in a pan of salted boiling water for 2 mins or until just tender. Drain.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the fried egg, chicken, snow peas, ginger, carrot and avocado. Sprinkle with the nori and sesame seeds.
Nutritions of Japanese crispy chicken bowlcalories: