Enjoy this tasty, meat-free combination of crispy cauliflower and almonds. It could be a side, a light lunch with a salad or even just a treat-yourself snack.
The ingredient of Crispy cauliflower pizza with almonds
- 1/2 (500g) cauliflower head
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons natural sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan (see notes)
The instruction how to make Crispy cauliflower pizza with almonds
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Process until finely chopped (youu2019ll need 3 cups in total). Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon cauliflower into a sieve lined with muslin (or a thin tea towel). Set sieve over a bowl or large jug. Gather sides of muslin together and twist tightly to remove as much liquid as possible. Discard liquid.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl. Add almond meal, egg white, garlic powder, tasty cheese and 1 teaspoon thyme. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon onto prepared tray. Press out to form a 12cm x 32cm rectangle. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch.
- Combine sliced almonds, lemon rind, parmesan and remaining thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over cauliflower. Bake for a further 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crispy. Stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
Nutritions of Crispy cauliflower pizza with almondscalories: 175.187 calories
calories: 13.3 grams fat
calories: 4.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 2.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10.3 grams protein
calories: 18 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 281 milligrams sodium