Treat the family to tasty seafood sandwiches from Louisiana, USA. Dig into Cajun-style fish and spicy mayonnaise for a fun midweek meal.
The ingredient of Crispy fish po boys
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 50g (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 450g firm white fish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g (1/2 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 spring onion (shallot), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 crusty sourdough bread rolls, warmed
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 150g cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Crispy fish po boys
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place flour on a plate and season. Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a separate plate. Dip fish in flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs, pressing to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook fish, turning, for 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Bake on prepared tray for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning, spring onion and Tabasco sauce in a small bowl.
- Cut the rolls in half along the top (donu2019t cut all the way through). Spread inside of rolls with a little mayonnaise mixture. Fill with lettuce, tomato, avocado and fish. Serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.
Nutritions of Crispy fish po boyscalories: 597.739 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 125 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 625.74 milligrams sodium