Heres comfort food at its finest: cheesy macaroni with a crunchy meaty topping.
The ingredient of Mac & cheese with crispy speck breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g macaroni
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) reduced-fat milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated pecorino
- 180g speck, rind removed, finely chopped
- 120g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
The instruction how to make Mac & cheese with crispy speck breadcrumbs
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in the pasta, water, milk, cream, stock and garlic. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the sauce thickens. Stir in the cheddar and pecorino. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook speck for 3 minutes or until crisp. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in breadcrumbs for 4 minutes or until golden. Stir in parsley.
- Top pasta with speck mixture.
Nutritions of Mac & cheese with crispy speck breadcrumbscalories: 943.572 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 116 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 37 grams protein
calories: 81 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1299.03 milligrams sodium