The sweetness of the grilled pears match the crispy, salty haloumi for a simple yet stunning side dish.
The ingredient of Grilled pear and haloumi salad
- 3 large William Bartlett pears, sliced lengthways
- 180g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices, halved diagonally
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 250g punnet cherry truss tomatoes, halved
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup (40g) pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Grilled pear and haloumi salad
- Spray pear and haloumi with canola oil spray. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high heat. Add pear and haloumi and cook for 1-2 mins each side or until charred.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, maple syrup and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pear, haloumi, onion, tomato, spinach and pecans to the dressing. Toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Grilled pear and haloumi saladcalories: