Get the festivities rolling with this crispy lamb and hummus appetiser that will take you right through summer.
The ingredient of Hummus with crisp lamb
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 280g (1 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (see top tips)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (see top tips)
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, roasted
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- Ciabatta bread, sliced, toasted, to serve
The instruction how to make Hummus with crisp lamb
- To make hummus, process chickpeas, yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large, shallow bowl.
- To cook lamb, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, allspice, cinnamon and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Increase heat to high, add mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 15 minutes or until well browned and crisp. Add tomato paste, pomegranate molasses and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Spoon lamb mixture over hummus, then scatter with chilli, almonds and mint leaves. Serve with toasted ciabatta.
Nutritions of Hummus with crisp lambcalories: 316.675 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 193.06 milligrams sodium