"These fun cake fries are an easy take on churros and perfect for a party. Mix it up and dip them in salted caramel topping and colourful sprinkles if you fancy." - Michelle Southan.
The ingredient of Crispy cake fries with chocolate dip
- 450g pkt madeira cake
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Gold and silver coloured sugar
The instruction how to make Crispy cake fries with chocolate dip
- Trim the dark edges from madeira cake. Cut cake into 1cm-thick fingers. Place flour on a plate. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and coconut on a separate plate.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Toss cake fingers in flour to lightly coat. Carefully dip in egg mixture, then coat in panko mixture. Transfer to prepared tray.
- Add enough oil to a saucepan to come two-thirds of the way up the side. Heat over medium-high heat until oil reaches 180u00b0C on a cooku2019s thermometer. Deep-fry cake pieces, 2 at a time, for 30 seconds or until light golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
- Serve the warm cake fries with melted chocolate and coloured sugar, for dipping.
Nutritions of Crispy cake fries with chocolate dipcalories: