Chorizo, pasta and crispy breadcrumbs? Enough said. This is great for lunch the next day, too - if you can resist eating it all.
The ingredient of Risoni and chorizo bake with crispy breadcrumbs
- 350g risoni dried pasta
- 450g chorizo, coarsely chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) frozen peas
- 140g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs, made from day-old Turkish bread
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped curly parsley
- Bought aioli, to serve
The instruction how to make Risoni and chorizo bake with crispy breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain. Return pasta to the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook chorizo in a non-stick frying pan over high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Drain excess oil. Add wine and rosemary and stir for 3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add pasta sauce and water and simmer for 7 minutes or until mixture is thick. Stir in peas and pasta. Transfer to a 2L (8 cup) ovenproof dish.
- Preheat grill on high. Combine the breadcrumbs and butter in a bowl and sprinkle over the pasta mixture. Cook under the grill, 15cm from the heat source, for 5 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with the bought aioli.
Nutritions of Risoni and chorizo bake with crispy breadcrumbscalories: 650.08 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams protein