Serve these crispy carrot and beetroot fritters with a refreshing mint and apple yoghurt.
The ingredient of Spiced carrot and beetroot fritters with mint and apple yoghurt
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large beetroot, trimmed, peeled
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Extra virgin olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Dried chilli flakes, to serve
- Thinly sliced red onion, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 green apple, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced carrot and beetroot fritters with mint and apple yoghurt
- To make the mint and apple yoghurt: Combine yoghurt, apple and mint in a small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until required.
- Using the thin julienne setting on a vegetable spiraliser, cut carrot into u2018noodlesu2019. Cut into 12cm to 15cm lengths. Transfer to a bowl. Add green onion. Toss to combine.
- Using the thin julienne setting on a vegetable spiraliser, cut beetroot into u2018noodlesu2019. Cut into 12cm to 15cm lengths. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Combine cumin, paprika and flour in a small bowl. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Divide evenly between the carrot and beetroot. Toss quickly to coat the vegetables. Divide egg between the 2 bowls, tossing quickly to coat.
- Add enough oil to a large frying pan to reach 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Using tongs, drop about 2 tablespoons of carrot mixture into oil. Top with about 2 tablespoons beetroot mixture, tossing the 2 vegetables together a little. Repeat 3 more times to create 4 fritters. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until fritters are golden and set. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining mixtures.
- Sprinkle fritters with sesame seeds, chilli flakes and extra mint leaves. Serve with yoghurt, red onion and salad leaves.
Nutritions of Spiced carrot and beetroot fritters with mint and apple yoghurtcalories: 369.016 calories
calories: 19.9 grams fat
calories: 6.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11.3 grams protein
calories: 704 milligrams sodium