These sweet plum and pistachio cakes are similar to a muffin but much more moist.
The ingredient of Plum & pistachio cakes
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 x 825g can plums in natural juice, drained, seeds removed, chopped
- 115g (3/4 cup) unsalted pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Plum & pistachio cakes
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Line sixteen 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually add the egg, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and fold until combined. Add the plum and two-thirds of the pistachio and fold until just combined.
- Divide the mixture among the lined pans. Sprinkle with the remaining pistachio. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritions of Plum & pistachio cakescalories: 211.276 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 54 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 200.44 milligrams sodium