The distinctive fresh flavours of Vietnam are showcased in this tasty pancake.
The ingredient of Crispy Vietnamese pancakes
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup iced water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 200g pork mince
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 500g medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 1/2 cup snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Nuoc cham sauce, (see related recipe) to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy Vietnamese pancakes
- Combine flours, turmeric, salt and a pinch of pepper in a bowl. Add coconut milk and iced water. Stir until smooth. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour to rest.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 22cm (base) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 4 minutes or until browned. Add fish sauce and remaining pinch of pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until fish sauce has almost evaporated. Remove from heat. Add half the onion. Stir to combine. Wipe the pan clean.
- Add remaining onion to batter. Brush pan with half the remaining oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add half the batter to pan. Tilt pan, swirling batter to cover base and slightly up the side. Cook for 4 minutes or until base is golden. Place half the mince mixture and half the prawn on half the pancake. Top with half the sprouts and mint. Fold over to enclose. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each pancake into thirds. Serve with Nuoc cham
Nutritions of Crispy Vietnamese pancakescalories: 309.505 calories
calories: 12.9 grams fat
calories: 6.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 25.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21.7 grams protein
calories: 112 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1591 milligrams sodium