For pure pasta perfection, combine rigatoni with sweet pumpkin and salty bacon.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and bacon rigatoni
- 750g Kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 375g dried rigatoni pasta
- 200g pkt Coles Brand Diced Bacon
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and bacon rigatoni
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Toss pumpkin with 1 tsp oil. Season. Bake, turning once, for 30 mins or until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat remaining oil in a deep frying pan over high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 5 mins or until crispy. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon. Add onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins or until tender. Add cream and reserved cooking liquid. Simmer for 3 mins or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and toss to combine. Gently stir in pumpkin, tomato and half the basil. Sprinkle with parmesan, reserved bacon and remaining basil.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and bacon rigatonicalories: 756.913 calories
calories: 35.3 grams fat
calories: 16.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 79.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14.9 grams sugar
calories: 25.1 grams protein
calories: 773 milligrams sodium