This pumpkin and sweet potato soup is made complete with crunchy bacon dippers.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and sweet potato soup with bacon dippers
- 350g Primo Rindless Middle Bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 700g pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 litres (6 cups) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- Cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and sweet potato soup with bacon dippers
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut eight 15cm x 3cm strips of bacon from the loin end. Lay the strips on prepared tray and season with pepper. Finely chop the remaining bacon.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove bacon and set aside. Add leek and garlic to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add cumin, pumpkin and sweet potato and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add stock. Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bake bacon strips for 15 minutes. Then, turn bacon over and bake for a further 10 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Process or blitz pumpkin soup with a stick mixer until smooth. Stir in chopped cooked bacon, thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls, add cream and scatter with extra thyme. Serve with crispy bacon dippers.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and sweet potato soup with bacon dipperscalories: