This light and fluffy cake is made with buttermilk and Caramilk chips. Topped with vanilla buttercream, chocolate drizzle and more Caramilk chips.
The ingredient of Caramilk flurry cake
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit, pastry and cake plain flour (see note)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 260g pkt CADBURY CARAMILK Baking Chips
- 375g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 6 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk, at room temperature
- 60g CADBURY Baking Dark Chocolate 45% cocoa
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Caramilk flurry cake
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Grease 3 x 20cm round cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a balloon whisk and whip until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, buttermilk and oil and beat at a low speed until combined. Increase speed to high and beat for 60 seconds. Fold though 200g of the baking chips.
- Divide mixture evenly between the prepared tins. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream, place butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until very pale. Add the vanilla paste and icing sugar and beat at a low speed until combined then increase the speed and beat until fluffy, adding a little milk, if required.
- For the chocolate drizzle, place the dark chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, for 2 minutes or until melted. Stir to combine and stand to cool.
- To assemble, place 2/3 of the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Place one cake on a serving plate and pipe over a 1cm thick layer of buttercream, taking it to the edges. Repeat with middle layer. Sandwich with cake top (see note). Spread remaining buttercream in piping bag over top and side of cake and smooth with a flat-bladed spatula. Spoon the remaining buttercream on the top of the cake and swirl with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with dark chocolate and decorate with remaining baking chips. Serve.
Nutritions of Caramilk flurry cakecalories: