Get into the Easter spirit with these fun desserts that the kids can make themselves.
The ingredient of Lemon meringue eggs
- 4 eggs
- 350g caster sugar
- 30g unsalted butter, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
The instruction how to make Lemon meringue eggs
- Carefully remove the top of each egg using a serrated knife. Separate the eggs by passing them through your fingers and letting the eggwhite drip through your fingers into a bowl. Place yolks in a heatproof bowl. Wash out eggshells, then dry carefully with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add 100g sugar, butter, zest and juice to the bowl with the yolks, then whisk until just combined. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water (dont let the bowl touch the water). Stir gently with a wooden spoon for 6-8 minutes until the butter has melted and the lemon curd mixture has thickened. Cool.
- Half-fill each egg shell with some of the cooled lemon curd. Place in ovenproof egg cups, then refrigerate while you make the meringue.
- Preheat the oven to 220u00b0C. Place the eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer with another 1/2 cup (110g) of the sugar and beat until soft peaks form. With the motor running, slowly add the remaining sugar until mixture is stiff and glossy, then beat in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Place meringue mixture in a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle, then pipe meringue into eggshells, about 3cm above the top. Place egg cups on a tray, then bake for 5 minutes until the meringue is crisp and tinged golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lemon meringue eggscalories: 501.422 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 91 grams carbohydrates
calories: 88 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 236 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 80.52 milligrams sodium