This fish chowder soup partners the delicate flavors of leek and tarragon with hot smoked salmon and would make a superb entree for that intimate dinner party.
The ingredient of Fish chowder
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 4 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped, plus extra to serve
- White pepper, to taste
- 2 x 150g flaked hot smoked salmon fillets
The instruction how to make Fish chowder
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the cooked leek and potato mixture. Stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add the stock. Add 2 tsp of the fresh tarragon and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Add the thickened cream. Season with white pepper. Stir through another 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon.
- Divide 2 x 150g flaked hot smoked salmon fillets among bowls. Pour over soup. Sprinkle with fresh tarragon leaves.
Nutritions of Fish chowdercalories: 375.947 calories
calories: 19.9 grams fat
calories: 10.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 30.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 22.4 grams protein
calories: 64 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1466 milligrams sodium