Get the kids in the kitchen to help you make this recipe. These Easter egg truffles are colourful, sweet and the perfect Easter treat. They also make great gifts, but were certain theyll be eaten before you can give them away!
The ingredient of Easter Egg Truffles recipe
- 600g pkt Greenu2019s Vanilla Mud Cake mix
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 400g white choc melts
- Red, blue, green and yellow liquid food colouring
- Rainbow sprinkles or confetti, to decorate
The instruction how to make Easter Egg Truffles recipe
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Prepare the cake mix using the eggs, oil and u00bd cup (125ml) water following packet directions. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Add the icing mix from the packet with the orange rind and orange juice. Stir until the mixture comes together. Roll 1-tbs portions of mixture into oval shapes. Place on the lined tray. Freeze for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the choc melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnu2019t touch the water). Stir until melted. Divide into 4 bowls. Use food colouring to tint the chocolate pale pink, blue, green and yellow.
- Dip 1 cake ball in melted pink chocolate, shaking off excess. Place on lined tray. Repeat with remaining cake balls and chocolate, alternating between different colours. Top with sprinkles or confetti.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate into 4 sealable plastic bags. Cut off 1 corner of each bag. Drizzle truffles with chocolate. Set aside for 10 mins or until set.
Nutritions of Easter Egg Truffles recipecalories: