These mini works of art are light, fluffy and pretty as a picture, perfect for your morning or afternoon tea.
The ingredient of Lime and coconut cakes
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (90g) Greek-style yoghurt
- Shredded coconut, to decorate
- 100g butter, softened
- 500g icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
The instruction how to make Lime and coconut cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line fifteen 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and lime rind until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the coconut, combined flours and yoghurt, in alternate batches, and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the lined pans and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make coconut frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add icing sugar, beating well between each addition. Add coconut milk and lime juice; beat until well combined.
- Use a round-bladed knife or pallet knife to spread icing over each cake. Sprinkle with coconut to serve.
Nutritions of Lime and coconut cakescalories: