This Indian pilaf with eggs is a winner any time of day.
The ingredient of Indian pilaf with eggs
- 40g butter
- 2 brown onions, halved, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 long fresh green chillies, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 200g (1 cup) Basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 4 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Indian pilaf with eggs
- Melt the butter in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is golden.
- Add rice and saffron and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is well coated in onion mixture. Add tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice is just tender. Stir in the coriander. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Use the back of a spoon to make 4 evenly spaced hollows in rice mixture. Crack an egg into each hollow and cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are just set or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the pilaf and eggs among serving plates. Sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Indian pilaf with eggscalories: 385.746 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 546.35 milligrams sodium