Your guests will be in awe of this beautifully presented layer cake filled with delicious cream cheese icing and passionfruit.
The ingredient of Passionfruit layer cake
- 500g butter, softened
- 2 cups (430g) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups (425g) sour cream
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar mixture
- Fresh flowers, to decorate
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Passionfruit layer cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base and side of two 22cm round cake pans with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, caster sugar and lemon rind together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the flour and stir to combine. Add the lemon juice and 1 cup (235g) of the sour cream and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the lined pans. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the passionfruit syrup, combine the passionfruit and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and remaining sour cream together until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and beat until well combined.
- Use a serrated knife to split each cake in half. Place a cake layer on a serving plate. Drizzle with one-third of the passionfruit syrup. Spread with one-quarter of the cream cheese icing. Continue layering with remaining cake layers, passionfruit syrup and cream cheese icing. Decorate the top with fresh flowers.
Nutritions of Passionfruit layer cakecalories: 729.428 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 30 grams saturated fat
calories: 62 grams carbohydrates
calories: 42 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 239 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 540.52 milligrams sodium