The ingredient of Mini citrus syrup cakes
- Melted butter, to grease
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cube
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
The instruction how to make Mini citrus syrup cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a six-hole 185ml (3/4-cup) mini angel food cake pan with melted butter to grease. Use a zester to remove rind from lemons and limes. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind. Use a small sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Set aside.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter and half the sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined. Use a metal spoon to gently fold half the flour and salt into egg mixture until just combined. Fold in half the milk and rind until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour and salt, then milk and rind.
- Spoon mixture evenly into greased pans. Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of cakes come out clean. Set aside for 2 minutes before turning onto a wire rack over a baking tray to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining sugar, water, lemon and lime juices in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Pour syrup evenly over cakes. Top with shredded citrus rind.
Nutritions of Mini citrus syrup cakescalories: