This colourful rainbow cake covered in Smarties will impress all ages, but its easier than it looks to make!
The ingredient of Smarties rainbow cake recipe
- 200g butter, softened
- 165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) Nestlu00e9 Bakers Choice Cocoa Powder
- 180ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 340g pkt Nestlu00e9 Smarties, colours separated
- 150g pkt Nestlu00e9 Mini Smarties, colours separated
- 100g butter, softened
- 155g (1 1/3 cups) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 tbsp Nestlu00e9 Bakers Choice Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp milk
The instruction how to make Smarties rainbow cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of 20cm round cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flours and cocoa powder into the butter mixture. Add the milk and beat on low speed until combined, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out on wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Chocolate frosting: Using an electric beater, beat butter until white as possible. Beat in icing sugar, cocoa and milk until combined.
- Cut the cake in half to make 2 half-moon shapes (see note). Spread a thin layer of frosting on the base of one of the half-moon shapes. Sandwich with the remaining half-moon. Spread frosting all over cake in a thin layer. Using picture as a guide, decorate cake using Smarties and Mini Smarties. Serve.
Nutritions of Smarties rainbow cake recipecalories: