We bet this sesame crumbed tofu, served with choy sum leaves, sprouts and noodles, wont just be the choice of vegetarians.
The ingredient of Sesame crumbed tofu with stir fried egg noodles
- 1 x 420g pkt hokkein noodles
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) sesame seeds
- 300g block silken firm tofu, patted dry with paper towels
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 bunch choy sum (or other Asian green), coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (200g) bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
The instruction how to make Sesame crumbed tofu with stir fried egg noodles
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Remove from heat, add noodles and stand for 30 seconds. Drain then refresh under cold water then drain again.
- Combine flour and sesame seeds then season with salt and ground white pepper. Spread half the mixture over a plate. Cut tofu into 16 squares, place squares over flour mixture, then sprinkle remaining mixture over the top. Press mixture gently into tofu and turn to coat on all sides.
- Heat 2cm vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat until hot, then shallow-fry tofu, in batches, for 2 minutes turning once or until golden all over. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add capsicum, ginger and choy sum stems and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add choy sum leaves and stir-fry for another minute. Add bean sprouts, noodles, sesame oil and soy, stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve sesame-crumbed tofu over noodles.
Nutritions of Sesame crumbed tofu with stir fried egg noodlescalories: 564.04 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 1221.32 milligrams sodium