These Easter shortbread biscuits are topped with a homemade passionfruit curd, perfect with a cuppa.
The ingredient of Passionfruit shortbread eggs recipe
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 75g butter, chopped
- 2 passionfruit, halved (see notes)
The instruction how to make Passionfruit shortbread eggs recipe
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Sift over plain flour and cornflour. Stir to combine. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Grease 2 large baking trays. Line with baking paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 5.5cm x 7.5cm oval cutter, cut 24 ovals from dough, re-rolling and cutting trimmings. Place, 2cm apart, on prepared baking trays. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Using a 3cm round cutter and the picture as a guide, cut rounds from 12 ovals and discard. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until just firm to touch, but not browned. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Passionfruit Curd: Place egg, egg yolk, sugar and cornflour in a small, heavy-based saucepan. Whisk to combine. Add butter and passionfruit pulp. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat. Strain through a sieve into a heatproof bowl. Discards seeds. Stand for 5 minutes. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool completely.
- Spread 1 teaspoon curd on uncut biscuits. Sandwich with remaining biscuits. Spoon 1 teaspoon remaining curd into each small round in biscuit to form u2018yolku2019. Dust biscuits with extra icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Passionfruit shortbread eggs recipecalories: 202.911 calories
calories: 12.6 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 20.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.9 grams protein
calories: 54 milligrams cholesterol