The ingredient of Potato, bacon & egg salad
- 1kg chat (small coliban) potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 3 lean bacon slices, thinly sliced
- 4 thick (or 8 thin) green shallots, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 125g (1/2 cup) skim milk natural yoghurt
- 100g (5 tablespoons) sour light cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Potato, bacon & egg salad
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 20 minutes or until just tender but not soft. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Peel the eggs and cut into quarters.
- Place bacon in a small, non-stick frying pan and cook, stirring often, over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- To make the dressing, combine the yoghurt, sour cream, parsley and chives in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and add to dressing with bacon and green shallots. Toss gently to combine. Add eggs and use a large metal spoon to gently fold into salad. Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with chives.
Nutritions of Potato, bacon & egg saladcalories: 245.931 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 134 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 441.61 milligrams sodium