Crisp and slender asparagus spears are the star attraction in this elegant light meal.
The ingredient of Asparagus with poached egg
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 4 fresh eggs
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Asparagus with poached egg
- Bring a large frying pan of salted water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Use tongs to transfer the asparagus to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the vinegar to the water in pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Use a spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Carefully pour the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. Cook for 4 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Divide the asparagus among serving plates. Top with an egg. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Asparagus with poached eggcalories: 120.456 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 223 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 174.4 milligrams sodium