Say goodbye to winter with this lovely roasted pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Roasted pumpkin soup
- 2kg butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large brown onions, halved, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 large fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2L (8 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional), extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted pumpkin soup
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Combine the pumpkin, rosemary and half the oil in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, coriander and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onion softens. Add the pumpkin mixture and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until it reduces slightly. Remove from heat.
- Place half the pumpkin mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and drizzle with extra oil to serve.
Nutritions of Roasted pumpkin soupcalories: 228.245 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 964.72 milligrams sodium