Hard-boiled eggs are the golden treasure inside the chicken mince patties.
The ingredient of Chicken and egg pies with lemon-herb potatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 750g chicken breast mince
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (see note)
- 750g small chat potatoes, halved
- cranberry sauce (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and egg pies with lemon-herb potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly grease four 3/4-cup capacity Texas muffin pan holes.
- Place onion in a large microwave-safe bowl. Spray with oil. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Add mince, 1 cup breadcrumbs, lemon rind, eggwhite and half the parsley to the onion. Season with pepper. Mix well to combine.
- One-third fill each muffin hole with mince mixture. Stand 1 egg up in each mince base. Divide remaining mince mixture into 4. Press over each egg to cover. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs over pies. Lightly spray tops with oil.
- Place potatoes on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place potatoes on top shelf in oven and pies underneath. Bake both for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden and pies cooked through.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and remaining parsley. Toss gently to combine. Spoon potatoes onto serving plates. Serve with pies and cranberry sauce, if using.
Nutritions of Chicken and egg pies with lemon-herb potatoescalories: 567.147 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 51 grams protein
calories: 365 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 356.15 milligrams sodium