Forget boiling, scrambling or poaching - weve reinvented the humble egg to create this versatile family recipe.
The ingredient of Korma egg biryani
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomato, halved, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Korma egg biryani
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, deep frypan over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Transfer half the onion to a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add the curry paste, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is well coated in onion mixture. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed.
- Use the back of a spoon to make 4 evenly spaced hollows in the rice mixture. Crack 1 egg into each hollow.
- Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until eggs are just set or cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle over the remaining onion. Top with the tomato and coriander.
Nutritions of Korma egg biryanicalories: 498.554 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 229 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1282.18 milligrams sodium