Bought potato mash is the secret to making flavoursome crumbed fish cakes in a flash.
The ingredient of Tuna & lemon cakes
- 1 x 475g ctn potato mash
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 90g (1 cup) dried (purchased) breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, to shallow fry
- 125g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 65g (1/4 cup) horseradish cream
- 1 x 120g pkt baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Tuna & lemon cakes
- Combine the mash, tuna, shallot, lemon rind, parsley and egg yolk in a bowl. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Place the egg in a dish. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip patties in egg, then in the breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Add enough oil to a frying pan to come 5mm up the side of the pan. Place over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and horseradish cream in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the patties and spinach among serving plates. Top with a dollop of the horseradish cream mixture to serve.
Nutritions of Tuna & lemon cakescalories: 841.28 calories
calories: 55 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 57 grams protein