Master the classic recipe of chicken and corn soup.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken and corn soup
- 60g butter
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 quantity chicken stock with chopped chicken (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 420g can super sweet corn kernels, drained
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken and corn soup
- Melt butter in large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes or until onion has softened. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in 2 litres stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cream, corn and 4 cups chopped chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soup thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken and corn soupcalories: 390.048 calories
calories: 24.8 grams fat
calories: 12.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 14.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25.5 grams protein
calories: 132 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 245 milligrams sodium