Make your own chicken cordon bleu with this delicious recipe.
The ingredient of Chicken cordon bleu
- 4 Coles RSPCA approved chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 50g Coles sow stall free champagne ham, shaved, from the deli
- 120g Great Ocean Road extra tasty cheddar, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20g butter
- 275g pkt Coles amoroso truss tomatoes (see tip)
- 100g baby spinach
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken cordon bleu
- Pound each piece of chicken lightly to flatten. Divide ham and cheddar among half the pieces. Top with remaining chicken and sandwich together. Dust with flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg, then breadcrumbs to coat. Chill on a tray for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C or 180u00b0C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to prepared tray. Add tomatoes to tray. Bake for 5 mins or until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes just softened.
- Wilt spinach in a frying pan over high heat for 1-2 mins. Divide chicken, spinach and tomatoes among plates, and sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Serve with mash.
Nutritions of Chicken cordon bleucalories: 732.774 calories
calories: 31.6 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 33.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 75.2 grams protein
calories: 284 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 649 milligrams sodium