Start off the day with this gourmet breakfast idea.
The ingredient of Coddled eggs with crunchy croutons and smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups cubed firm white bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (6 tablespoons) chopped herbs, (such as chives, parsley and thyme)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) thick cream
- 12 slices smoked salmon
The instruction how to make Coddled eggs with crunchy croutons and smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Toss bread cubes with oil and 2 tablespoons chopped herbs. Spread onto a baking tray and toast in oven for 8 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside.
- Wash spinach and, without draining, place in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow to wilt, remove from pan and rinse under cold water. Squeeze to remove excess water, then season.
- Butter 6 small heatproof glasses or egg coddlers*. Divide spinach between them, break an egg into each and drizzle with cream. Sprinkle with remaining herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cover each glass tightly with foil (or clip lids, if using coddlers) and place in a saucepan of simmering water so water comes halfway up the sides. Simmer for 6 minutes, remove from heat and leave eggs to sit in the water for another 4 minutes.
- Place eggs onto serving plates in their glasses, serve with the croutons and smoked salmon.
Nutritions of Coddled eggs with crunchy croutons and smoked salmoncalories: 363.041 calories
calories: 28 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 781.33 milligrams sodium