This Japanese inspired pumpkin soup is cosy and comforting on a cold night and still packs a punch of spice.
The ingredient of Japanese pumpkin soup recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g Jap pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1 tsp shichimi togarashi (Japanese 7-spice blend)
The instruction how to make Japanese pumpkin soup recipe
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add ginger, garlic and pumpkin. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1/3 cup coconut milk. Add miso, stock, tamari and remaining coconut milk to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Drizzle with reserved coconut milk and sprinkle with coriander and schichimi togarashi. Serve.
Nutritions of Japanese pumpkin soup recipecalories: 190.961 calories
calories: 12.1 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 15.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 1098 milligrams sodium