After a long day at school, give the kids something to cheer up about with these tasty pies.
The ingredient of Egg, leek and bacon pies
- 8 rashers rindless bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways, finely sliced
- 10 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup thickened light cream
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Egg, leek and bacon pies
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Grease a 6 x 3/4-cup capacity Texas muffin pan. Finely chop 5 bacon rashers. Cut remaining bacon rashers in half lengthways.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon strips. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Add oil to frying pan. Heat over medium heat. Add chopped bacon and leeks. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek is tender.
- Whisk together 4 eggs, cream, mustard, and salt and pepper. Add cooled leek mixture. Mix well. Spoon into muffin holes.
- Arrange 1 bacon strip in egg mixture around edge of each muffin hole. Crack 1 egg into each nest. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold with baby spinach.
Nutritions of Egg, leek and bacon piescalories: 350.613 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 1002.68 milligrams sodium